Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Refurbishing Fun!





This week Jon and I decided to refurbish these 2 chairs that were in the kitchen and probably 30 years old. We had so much fun re-designing them. We picked out what colors we wanted to use, and then bought the paint and fabric. When Jon and I get an idea in our heads we always go through with it. So we started this project Sunday and finished them Monday night! Jon did all the hard work such as taking them apart and sanding them down. Then he pained them and as you can see he added his own touch with the beautiful palm tree and light house!That was a surprise to me when I got home, but I loved them. It's hard not to like anything Jon paints. He is an amazing artist. My job was to re-cover the seat, so I just cut the foam and the fabric to fit the chairs and We nailed them on! It's crazy how much of a difference it makes in the kitchen. The chairs before were brown and this really ugly orange like leather fabric soooo 70's! So with 1 day and $15 we were able to update them. Now they look so cute in our black and yellow kitchen!

4 comments:

  1. Aw Chels you got a blog!! Yay!! Dude I love refurbishing stuff! It's so fun. You guys did good, they look awesome. We need to get together soon! I was telling Brian the other day how we met in December senior year and became best friends in like a day! I'm glad we lasted so long too, I love my chels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.... Thanks Rach! ITs true it was love at first site with me and you! I hope your doing good! I miss you we must get together soon! And blogging is way hard, Im just getting the hang of it! You need to teach me some things! Your like the blogging queen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I had no idea Jon was an artist. Wow! The lighthouse and palm tree is so impressive. The personal touches make those pieces the BEST!

    ReplyDelete